Sony produces some of the best consumer electronics. Back in 2014, it introduced the popular PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset and in 2018 it improved it to release it with the PS4. It is an excellent wireless headset that can be used with any device including your PC. But how to use it with a PC?
In this article, we shall discuss the process of connecting a PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset to a PC and understand its pros and cons of it.
Can I use PlayStation gold wireless headset on PC?
Yes, You can use the PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset on your PC with the help of the USB Adaptor provided with the headset. Just connect the USB adaptor to the PC’s USB port and wait for it to pair with the headset. Once paired, the headphones will work and you can enjoy any kind of media with them. You can also use the audio jack provided with the headset on the PC.
Let us discuss the procedure for connecting the headset to the PC in detail.
There are two ways to connect the wireless headset to the PC:
- Using USB Adaptor
- Using Audio Jack
Using USB Adaptor
- Connect the USB dongle to your PC
- Check whether the blue indicator light is repeatedly flashing once. If it does so, then it is in pairing mode.
- Now turn on your PlayStation Wireless headset.
- The headset will also indicate a blue blinking light which means it is in pairing mode.
- Keep the headset in close proximity to the adaptor.
- Once they are paired, the blinking of the lights will stop and they will be on continuously.
- You can now use the headset without any interruptions.
- If you want to make the headset your default audio device, then go to Sound Settings on your PC and select the headset as the default device.
- You can also adjust the volume levels either with your PC or with the buttons provided on the headset.
- Unfortunately, the other options such as the Virtual Surround Sound (VSS) or Mute button will not work other than PlayStation consoles.
Sometimes, even if you had connected the USB adaptor properly, the headset will not pair with it when connected to a PC. Therefore, you need to troubleshoot the issue by resetting the adaptor and trying to pair the headset again. You can also reset the headset along with it. Here is how you can do it:
- To reset the adaptor, first, plug it into your PC.
- You can find a small hole on the right side of the adaptor. Insert a pin and hold it for about three seconds.
- Now to reset your headset, press the Mute button and VSS button simultaneously. Then at the same time, slide the power button to position 1 or 2.
- When you do this, the headset and adaptor will reset and begin their pairing mode.
- Now try to keep them close and check whether they are pairing. Once paired, the headset will work fine.
Using Audio Jack
- Even though PlayStation Gold Headset is primarily Wireless, Sony is generous enough to provide an audio jack with it. They also provide you with the Audio cable out of the box.
- So, using the 3.5mm cable, connect one end to the headset and the other end to the PC.
- Some PC cases will have the jack at the front side of the case. In that case, it will be easier to connect it.
- But if your PC has the jack only at the rear side, then you will need a lengthier audio cable.
These are the methods by which you can connect a PlayStation headset to your PC. Let us now discuss the pros and cons of it.
Using PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset on PC: Pros and Cons
- The PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset is one of the best audio devices with which you can get a high-quality listening experience.
- You get to have a 10m connectivity range which helps you to use the headset leniently.
- The headset uses 2.4GHz radio frequency which provides better connectivity and does not have any lag.
- You get to have 8 hours of battery life which is way more solid than many other headsets in the current market.
- Even if the battery runs out, you can use the 3.5mm cable to have unlimited listening with this headset.
- The sound quality is high and you get to have decent bass. Since this is a gaming headset, it performs well.
- The headphone fits over the ears pretty well and it is very comfortable to wear the headset for long hours.
- You can also connect the headset to any device with a USB port or with a headphone jack.
- It doesn’t require any drivers to run the headphones on a PC. So, you don’t have to install any applications.
- A charging cable is provided with the headset and it is a USB cable. You can charge the headset easily with a USB A to Micro B cable.
- The headset can be fully utilized only with a PlayStation console.
- You cannot use the VSS or other functionalities with a PC or any other device. It just offers connectivity.
- The mic quality is average and at times it is poor too. You cannot adjust the mic quality or increase the sound.
- The adaptor may not work with all PCs and it requires a reset when it doesn’t pair properly.
- It is not suitable for professional content creation or video editing
- The device controls may not work with a PC and you have to use the system controls to adjust the volume or mute the sound.
These are the pros and cons of using a PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset with a PC and to be precise, it is a decent device for many users.
You can connect a PlayStation headset to the PC without any hassle. Even if there is an issue, you can easily reset the devices and try connecting them. It is a very decent device with high-quality audio suitable for average users. Considering the price right now, it can be worth the money for a wireless headset from Sony.
Affiliate Disclaimer: We may Collect a share or other compensation from the Product links on this page. Thank you if you use our link, we really appreciate it!