Racing wheels can give you the ultimate real racing feel in a semi-virtual gaming experience. You get to drive a racing car using real steering, gear, accelerator, brakes, and other accessories. Also, you get to feel several aspects of a race with modern wheels which come with the vibration and feedback felt in an actual race. Also, keep in mind that you need some training to use the wheels properly and enjoy the game.
Hori racing wheels are quite popular and are used on various platforms for playing racing games. It supports more than 24 game titles on PC along with PS4 and PS5. But people are usually concerned with the connection and installation process of these wheels. So, here we are discussing the complete setup instructions for Hori racing wheels for PC. Connect the wheel and start racing right away!
How to connect Hori Racing Wheel to PC?
These are the official setup instructions from the manufacturer of the wheel. Therefore, follow each and every step to install the wheel quickly without any hassle.
Setting up the wheel
- First of all, you need to set up the physical wheel completely before connecting it to the PC.
- In the package, you get a steering wheel and a set of foot pedals. You can either use the device with or without the pedals.
- If you are installing the pedals, insert the modular plug into the connection port present at the rear side of the wheelbase.
- Set the wheel in the table appropriately with the clips provided. Now you are ready to connect the wheel to the PC.
Connecting the wheel to the PC
You can connect the wheel with a wired connection or use a wireless Bluetooth connection.
- If you are using a wired connection, then plug in the USB cable to any of the USB ports in your PC.
- Then toggle the “Platform Toggle” switch to “PC”.
- If you are using windows 7 and 8, you need to download the driver from this website: https://hori.jp/info/install/. After downloading, install the driver.
- If you are using windows 10 and above, then you can skip the driver installation step.
- For wireless connectivity, you will need a Bluetooth-enabled PC. Otherwise, you can buy a separate Bluetooth adapter and connect the wheel to the PC.
- To connect the device wirelessly, search for Bluetooth in the search bar of the start menu.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu and click on Add Bluetooth or Other Device option.
- Select Bluetooth in this menu and move to the wheel.
- In the wheel, you can find a button called Share. Hold on to that button and at the same time hold the PS button for more than five seconds.
- This will initiate the pairing process and you can know this by the blinking LED indicator.
- The PC will also show you the Hori Wireless Racing Wheel in the list of devices. You can click on it to complete the pairing. Now you have connected the wheel to the PC.
Once you have connected the wheel, you can go to the game settings and choose the wheel as your mode of control to enjoy racing.
Read: 3 Reasons how steering wheel make racing games easier
Does the Hori Racing wheel need a high-end PC?
The Hori Racing Wheel doesn’t require a high-end PC with heavy hardware to connect or operate. The manufacturer also doesn’t specify any kind of minimum hardware requirements for it to support or work.
On the other hand, the wheel has software requirements. You need to use the wheel with the latest updated software and must have the drivers installed to use it. The Hori wheel supports only Windows 11 through 7 and not below that.
For windows versions 7 and 8, you need to install the drivers for it to work. For 10 and 11, you don’t have to install anything.
Apart from these, the wheel also needs a Bluetooth-enabled PC to connect it wirelessly. Otherwise, it can be simply connected with a USB port for a wired connection.
These are the system requirements for the wheel to operate properly and you don’t need a premium high-end PC to use it.
In reality, most of the latest racing games demand a high-end PC to operate. Although the wheel can be used with older PCs, only with the latest game titles you can enjoy the real racing experience. So, with such an exceptional wheel you need to have a good PC to get the ultimate racing experience. Also, you can have the full worth of owning such a wheel.
Read: Can you play GTA 5 with a PS4 controller on PC?
What games is the Hori Racing wheel compatible with?
The Hori racing wheel is compatible with a bunch of games for PC. You will need software that supports XInput Game Controller API to play them on a PC. Here is a list of compatible games for Hori Racing Wheel:
- Assetto Corsa
- Assetto Corsa Competitzione
- CarX Drift Racing Online
- DIRT RALLY2.0
- F1 2018
- F1 2019
- F1 2020
- F1 2021
- FORZA Motorsports 7
- FORZA HORIZON4
- FORZA HORIZON5
- GRID Legends
- NASCAR 21 Ignition
- NASCAR Heat 5
- Need For Speed Heat
- Need For Speed Payback
- Project Cars 2
- Project Cars 3
- The Crew2
This is the official list of supported games for the Hori racing wheel. You can also check them out on their website and get an updated list periodically. The manufacturer also lists some key controls to be noted for each of these games on their website. So, you can take note of it and use the controls of the wheel seamlessly in your games. Just make sure to use XInput API for using the wheel in these games.
Read: Is it better to play PC games with a controller?
Racing games give a distinct emotion of thrill and adventure. It is more enjoyable than any other game genre and when combined with a racing wheel, it is one of the best gaming experiences. We have given detailed instructions to setup the Hori racing wheel with PC. This will help you to connect the wheel to your PC in no time and start gaming as soon as possible.