Gaming chairs can be one of the most convenient accessories to play games for long hours. Many advanced chairs even vibrate according to the gameplay once you connect the chairs to the consoles. But how to connect the chair to the console?
There are many Bluetooth-enabled chairs that can be connected to any Bluetooth-enabled device. But can it be connected to consoles like Xbox One? In this article, we will discuss the method to connect your gaming chair to the Xbox One console via Bluetooth.
How to connect Gaming Chair to Xbox one via Bluetooth?
You cannot connect the gaming chair to the Xbox One console directly. The Xbox One connects only to the controller and Xbox headphones directly. So, to connect the console to the gaming chair, you have to connect the chair to your smartphone via Bluetooth and stream the Xbox One console to your smartphone using the Xbox app. This way the audio of the console will be streamed to the smartphone and through Bluetooth, it will be played over the gaming chair speakers.
Let us look at the complete setup procedure for connecting your gaming chair with the Xbox One gaming console.
Connecting the Xbox One to a Gaming Chair
As we mentioned earlier, the Xbox One connects only to native Xbox devices via Bluetooth. Therefore, you have to make use of your smartphone to mediate between the Xbox One and your gaming chair. There are three major steps you must do to enable the connection between the console and gaming chair. Here is the step-by-step guide to doing that effectively.
Connect Gaming Chair and Smartphone
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Smartphone.
- Plug in the DC cable and adaptor of your gaming chair and power it up.
- Certain models have a separate button for Bluetooth pairing and some models use the power button of the chair itself. Therefore, locate the pairing button on your gaming chair and turn it on.
- If there is no separate pairing button, simply hold the power button for a couple of seconds, and it will go into pairing mode.
- Now, through your smartphone scan for available devices and you can find the gaming chair available for pairing. Connect the chair successfully to your smartphone.
Setting up the Xbox One for Remote Connection
- Turn on your Xbox One and go to the settings.
- Click on the Device and Connections options in the sidebar.
- Then, click on the Remote Features option on the right side.
- Here on the left side panel, check the box saying Enable remote features options.
- You have now enabled the Remote connection feature for your Xbox One and now it will be able to stream to your Smartphone.
Enabling Remote connection and streaming on your Smartphone
- Now, open your smartphone and go to the Play store or App Store as per the device you are using.
- Search for the Xbox application and install it on your smartphone.
- Sign in to the app with the same credentials used in the Xbox One console.
- After you sign in, you can find an Xbox symbol with a Wi-Fi signal icon on the top right corner of the screen. That is the remote connection enabling button. Click on it and there will be a jet animation on the screen indicating the process of remote connectivity.
- Once the connection is established, you can find the console screen on your Smartphone display.
- If you start a game in the console, it will also stream to your phone, and you can either play it on your smartphone display or on the screen to which you have connected the console.
- The audio will be delivered through the gaming chair, and you can enjoy gaming with it.
So, if you follow these steps, you can successfully enable a connection between the gaming chair and the Xbox console without any issues. But you cannot experience the vibrations of the gameplay in this connection method, and you have to maintain your smartphone charged to keep the connection alive.
There is one more method to connect a gaming chair to the Xbox One console. But it requires a Bluetooth adapter that can be physically connected to the Xbox audio out and then the gaming chair will be connected to it wirelessly.
- Buy a Bluetooth adapter that has physical audio in and out along with wireless connectivity.
- Connect this adapter to the Xbox audio jack. You can use an optical input which will give high-quality audio output.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth pairing in both the adapter and the gaming chair.
- The chair will get easily connected to the adapter which is connected to the Xbox console.
- You can hear the audio played on the Xbox One on your gaming chair.
These are the methods by which you can connect a gaming chair to the Xbox One console.
Also read: How to use lumbar support in Gaming Chair?
Benefits of connecting gaming chair to Xbox One via Bluetooth
There are some benefits to connecting your gaming chair to the Xbox One via Bluetooth. They are:
- Wireless connectivity is hassle-free.
- You can place the chair at a longer distance from the console and the TV to enjoy the gameplay better.
- The audio quality is good and will not have any kind of latency since it is connected to a smartphone or a wireless adapter.
- You can take your smartphone around the house and play the game anywhere. This means you can place the chair anywhere around the house as per your comfort and enjoy the game.
- Enjoy all the benefits of using a gaming chair and you can have comfortable gaming with your Xbox One.
A gaming chair has a lot of benefits even if they are quite pricey. They offer both comfort and features that provide you with better gameplay. But if you want to enjoy a complete gaming experience, then you must use a wired connection between the console and the chair. Only if you want wireless connectivity between the chair and console, you must choose this Bluetooth connectivity method. With these steps, you can easily enable a connection between your gaming chair and Xbox.