The versatile operation of Amazon Echo will leave you surprised. Not only can it be used to control different smart devices, but you can also use Amazon Echo as a computer speaker.
It works to give you a seamless audio quality without investing in new equipment. So, if you are wondering how to use amazon Echo as a computer speaker, you are at the right place!
Yes, you can use Amazon Echo as a computer speaker. The specialized design of the Amazon Echo will give you a much more enhanced audio quality than your typical speaker. Besides, it also helps you keep your space more organized and wire-free.
You can opt to use Amazon Echo as a computer speaker in many different ways. Or, you can pair it with Bluetooth or use it as a speaker with a connection with an aux cable.
How to Connect Amazon Echo as a Computer Speaker?
You may use several ways to connect Amazon Echo as a computer speaker. To make the whole process easy for you, here is a step-by-step guide to help you through.
Connect to Amazon Echo over Bluetooth
You can easily connect to Amazon Echo over Bluetooth. All you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Open the Amazon Alexa page on the browser.
- Now you need to log into your Amazon account using the login details.
- Once you are logged in, now go to the settings page.
- On the settings page, open Bluetooth from the options given.
- From the Bluetooth option, you must select “Pair new devices.”
- The Amazon Echo will start searching for devices to pair with.
- Now open “Windows Bluetooth and other settings” on your PC.
- It would be best to open the “Add new devices or Bluetooth” option.
- As soon as you click on Bluetooth, the PC will connect with the Amazon Echo over Bluetooth.
- Now you must select the volume icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When you choose the volume slider, you can check if your Echo is set. If it is not, you need to click on it for selection.
- You shall be able to listen to music or any other audio you play on the PC on Amazon Echo.
Connect Amazon Echo to a PC without Bluetooth
You can easily connect to Amazon Echo on your PC even without Bluetooth. Following is an easy step-by-step guide to help you through the process.
- First, you must open Alexa’s website on your PC and sign in with your login details.
- Now you need to go onto the settings page and select “Set up a new device.”
- Here you shall see the list of compatible names with your Echo.
- Once you see your device name click on that and select continue.
- You must sign in to the Amazon Alexa page using the login details.
- Once you are logging in to your Alexa account again, you need to plug your echo device into an electrical outlet.
- Please press the button with a dot on your Echo till the light on it changes from orange to blue.
- This will take Alexa into setup mode, and now you may need to follow the instructions on the browser page.
- Open the WiFi option on your PC. In case you have Windows 10 operating system, you shall see the WiFi icon on the bottom right of the screen. The WiFi button on a Mac OS is on the screen’s top right.
- You can see the “Amazon -xx xx-xx” type name in the list of WiFi networks.
- As soon as you click on the network, your PC will connect with Alexa using WiFi.
- Once the setup is complete, your Echo device will say, “Alexa is ready.”
- Now your Echo is ready to play anything you put on your PC.
Connect Amazon Echo as a PC speaker with Aux
You can connect Amazon Echo as a PC speaker with an Aux cable using the 3.5mm aux-in port, but not all Echo devices come with a 3.5mm port.
So, if your Echo device has a built-in Aux, here are a few steps that you can follow to connect it to your PC.
- Connect the 3.5mm Aux cable to the 3.5mm Aux port given on the Echo device.
- Now you need to connect the other end of the Aux cable to your PC.
- You need to open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Go to the Devices setting on the app and select the device name from the list.
- After you choose the device name, open settings and select Aux Audio from the options.
- Now you must choose Line-in settings to connect Echo from an external source.
Benefits of Connecting Amazon echo as a computer Speaker
If you are still unsure whether to use Amazon echo as a computer speaker. Don’t worry! The following benefits will make you realize why using amazon echo as speakers may be such a good idea.
It helps you go cable-free
The best thing about Amazon Echo is using it without cables. Unlike a regular speaker with a wired connection or too much space on your work desk.
The best thing about using Amazon Echo as a speaker is enjoying the best audio quality without further investment. You can turn your home into a theater using the surround sound option on Amazon echo.
You can only use regular speakers for listening to audio-only. But Amazon Echo has a much more diverse use, unlike regular speakers. You can also use it for listening to the audio and controlling other smart devices.
Amazon Echo vs Normal Speakers
Amazon Echo is used for controlling the voice assistant “Alexa.” It is also a standard speaker that you can use for listening to audio, podcasts, and so on. Another thing that makes Amazon echo different is its high-quality audio.
Not only this, but it gives you access to different sources like Apple and Amazon Prime to listen to a wide range of music. Furthermore, you can also connect several echo devices to give a boost to the audio quality.
The versatile operation of the Amazon Echo devices will undoubtedly leave you surprised. It provides high-quality audio while opening doors to multiple usability options. You can even use Amazon Echo as a computer speaker via Bluetooth or Aux connectivity.