This is a question that has been asked many times because people are not sure Can you connect PS4 to the iMac screen? In this article, you’ll find out a proper answer!
PS4 is Sony’s console and was the first PlayStation to offer 4K resolution for the games. With the PS4 Pro, Sony introduced a new method of rendering games called checkerboard rendering which can increase 4K resolution to be better than 4K.
Apple has a wide range of different iMacs screens, each with its own advantages. For instance, some have more than one display while others are very thin and light. Some others are 4K displays while still others are made for gaming. All of these options provide people with the opportunity to find an iMac that suits their needs best.
Can you connect PS4 to the iMac screen?
Yes, PS4 can be connected to an iMac with the help of the Remote Play application provided by PlayStation. You can get to control the PS4 from your iMac with a wireless connection.
Just by downloading the application on the iMac and enabling the Remote Play mode on your PS4, you will be able to have full access. You can also connect the wireless controller with your iMac.
Let’s check out the detailed guide on connecting your PS4 to the iMac.
How to use Remote Play for PS4 and iMac connection?
To use Remote Play in your iMac, it should have at least macOS High Sierra or higher to support the application. It should have more than 40MB of storage space and a minimum of 2GB RAM.
Both the PS4 and iMac should be connected to a high-speed internet connection with Wi-Fi. Also, you need a PlayStation account.
Once your iMac has met all these requirements, you should download the application from the official Remote Play website of the PlayStation. You need to download and install the application specifically for PS4.
After installing the application, you have to move on to your PS4 and set it up for Remote Play access.
- In your PS4, go to Settings, choose Remote Play Connection Settings, and Enable Remote Play.
- Then from the function screen, go to Settings and choose Account Management. Here you have to activate this console as your Primary PS4.
- After this step, you have to enable your PS4 to start Remote Play in rest mode.
- To do that, go to Settings, enter into Power Save Settings, and choose Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Then you have to choose to stay connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from the Network options by checking the boxes.
- Now you have set up both your iMac and your PS4. It is time to start the application and play it through your iMac screen.
Starting Remote Play
- Start your PS4 console or put it in rest mode.
- Then connect the wireless controller to the iMac with the help of a Bluetooth connection. You can also use a USB cable.
- Now enter into the Remote Play application in your iMac and launch it.
- After launching, it will ask you to sign in to the PlayStation Network.
- Enter into the same account you have created with your PS4 console.
- After that, you can enter into the settings and change the video quality settings like frame rate or resolution.
- The application in the iMac starts to search for the PS4 console and you have to select the PS4 with you.
- Now, the iMac will be connected to the PS4 and you will be able to see the PS4 screen on the iMac screen and enjoy the games.
Why it is better to connect PS4 to the iMac Screen?
- Connecting PS4 to the iMac screen is much better than buying a separate screen for your console. The reason is that you are not wasting money buying a new screen for your console.
- iMacs have higher resolution screens with good frame rates. This enables you to have smooth gameplay, up to 120Hz. There is no need for any more complicated setup process, just connect your desktop to an HDMI cable on iMac and you’re ready to go!
- With an iMac screen, the responsiveness of games is great. You will never have to deal with a laggy game or any other issues. So, in essence, it is worth connecting your PS4 to a Mac’s Screen because of the responsiveness.
- The iMac screens offer color projection and are very good compared to other monitors and they can produce a high-quality picture. This will help avoid eye strain for whoever plays the game for long hours, especially in dark conditions where there’s not much light to bring out all the colors in the game.
- One of the important benefits of connecting your PS4 to the iMac screen is that it comes with an inbuilt speaker, which means you don’t have to connect separate speakers. Sound quality will be better when connected because of the larger speakers.
- When we are using a PlayStation 4, it is not just enough to turn on the TV and the console in order to start playing games. We have to enable Remote Play in order to set up a connection with the PlayStation 4 system and the iMac. However, once we have connected PS4 to the iMac screen through an HDMI cable, we don’t have to enable this Remote Play setting anymore.
Does it make an issue to connect PS4 to the iMac Screen?
There aren’t any issues while connecting a PS4 to the iMac. If the iMac satisfies the minimum requirements for the Remote Play application to be installed, then you can easily connect the devices without any issues.
Secondly, if you don’t have good internet and Wi-Fi connection, you might have some issues with the gameplay. Therefore, you will need good internet connectivity.
Apart from these concerns, you will not have any issues connecting the iMac to the PS4. You will have a better screen for your gaming with a higher refresh rate than any other monitor.
Using an iMac screen for your PS4 will give you immersive gameplay and a better experience than other monitors. This detailed guide will enable you to connect the device with the console without any issues. Enjoy gaming on a better monitor.