Gaming headphones are specifically designed to give an immersive experience to gamers. Despite the platform they are being used, gaming headphones are good for all kinds of media content.
Sony’s Pulse 3D headset is a popular gaming headphone for the PlayStation console. But can it be used with a PC? Let us discuss whether you can use the Pulse 3D headset with a PC and enjoy 3D audio.
Can the pulse 3D headset be used on PC?
Yes, You can connect the Pulse 3D headset on the PC with the help of a wireless USB adapter provided with the headset out of the box. Simply connect the wireless adaptor to the PC’s USB port and the headset will pair with it automatically. You also get a 3.5mm jack with the headset and a cable out of the box. So, you can also use it to connect the headset to your PC.
Let us look at the detailed setup guide for the Pulse 3D headset with your PC.
Methods to connect Pulse 3D headset with PC
There are two methods to connect the Pulse 3D headset to your PC. They are:
- Using Wireless Adaptor
- Using a 3.5mm Cable
Using Wireless Adaptor
This is the simplest way to connect the headset to your PC. You don’t need to do any kind of setup and the headset is readily compatible with your Windows PC. Follow these steps to connect the headset using the wireless adaptor.
- The wireless adaptor is provided along with the headset out of the box. So, you don’t have to go for third-party adaptors.
- Locate an empty USB slot in your PC.
- Plug in the Wireless adaptor provided with the headset to the empty USB port on the PC.
- Once you have plugged in the adaptor, it will automatically install the drivers necessary to run the headset on your PC.
- After plugging in the adaptor, turn on the Pulse 3D headset and you can find a blue light blinking on it. This means that it hasn’t been paired yet.
- Once the headset recognizes the wireless adaptor connected to the PC, it will automatically pair with it. You can confirm this by looking at the blue light on the headset which stops blinking and stays on.
- You can make this headset your default audio and mic device on your PC. To do that go to sound settings on your PC.
- Click on the Playback tab and select the Wireless Stereo Headset option. This is your Sony Pulse 3D headset which you paired with the PC.
- Right-click on it and click on Set as Default device to make this headset your default playback device.
- Now move on to the Recording tab and click on the Wireless Stereo Headset device. Right-click on it and make it your default mic.
This is how you can connect your Pulse 3D headset to your PC wirelessly. You can also connect the headset through a wired connection. Let us look into it now.
Using a 3.5mm Cable
Sony is generous enough to provide a 3.5mm cable out of the box along with the headset. So, you don’t have to buy a cable to connect the headset to your PC. Here is the procedure to set up the headset using a 3.5mm cable.
- Connect one end of the 3.5mm cable to your Pulse 3D headset.
- Now you can simply connect the other end to the headphone jack of your PC.
- You have now connected the headset to the PC and you can hear the audio playback on the headset.
- But in this method, you cannot use the microphone because PCs usually have two different jacks for the mic and headphones.
- So, if you have an alternate mic setup, then you can simply use the headset for audio playbacks alone.
- If you want to use the headset microphone, then you can use a splitter cable which has a single jack that splits into plugs for headphones, and a mic that can be connected to the PC.
- But a splitter cable and connect the 3.5mm cable to the jack end of the splitter cable. Then insert the mic and headphone plugs of the splitter cable into the pots of the PC.
- Now you can use both the headphones and mic of the Pulse 3D without any issues.
These are the two methods you can use to connect the Pulse 3D headset to your Windows PC.
Read: Can I use my PS4 Turtle Beach headset on PC?
What features make the Pulse 3D headset stand out?
The Pulse 3D headset has many advantages and they are simply great headphones for both gaming and media. Here are the best features of the headset:
- The Pulse 3D has excellent audio quality which provides a deep, immersive 3D surround sound.
- It has a comfortable headband and feels very light. So, you can use it for long hours of gaming without any difficulties.
- It has dual microphones which provide high-quality audio input and sound crystal clear. The microphones are noise-canceling too.
- The 2.4GHz wireless connectivity provides very low latency while gaming.
- The headset supports Dolby Atmos and provides a high-quality surround sound experience.
- It can provide rich audio quality with both PS5 and Windows PC without any issues.
Read: Can you use PS4 gold wireless headset on PC?
How does Pulse 3D headset perform when used with a PC?
The Pulse 3D headset can work with a PC similar to its functionality with PS5. But in order to get the Dolby Atmos to surround sound quality, you must download the Dolby Atmos software for your Windows PC and set up the headset with it.
- Go to the Microsoft store and download the Dolby Atmos software application.
- Install the application and open it.
- Click on Setup and choose the Wireless Stereo Headset option which is the Pulse 3D headset.
- Once the Dolby Atmos is set up for the headset, you can enjoy the surround sound quality experience on your PC too.
Read: Why are my USB-C earphones not working?
You can use the Pulse 3D headset with both the console and the PC. It works very well on both platforms and has excellent audio performance with both devices. You can follow the setup guide and install the headset with your PC very easily and enjoy the 3D surround sound for all games and media.