If you want to play games on a PC, it should meet at least the minimum requirements. The game cannot load or perform properly with a low-spec PC. Especially in the case of modern AAA title games, you cannot ignore their minimum system requirements so that you can at least play the game at low settings.
Witcher 3 is a popular open-world action RPG game with modern graphics and requires intensive hardware for high performance. But is it necessary to have high-end hardware? Let us discuss it in detail.
Can my Computer Run the Witcher 3?
Your PC can run Witcher 3 Game if it meets the following minimum system requirements to run the game with minimal graphics settings:
|CPU||Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz / AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8GHz|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7870|
|OS||64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11|
If your PC has the above-mentioned specifications, you can run the game with low graphics settings and enjoy it without any lag or issues. But it is recommended to have the following specifications to enjoy the game with a bit more graphics and get an excellent visual treat:
|CPU||Intel i5 7400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX480|
|OS||64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11|
It is important for all PCs to meet the recommended requirements to run the game without any lag or reduction in performance.
If you want to enjoy the game with the maximum graphics performance without any lags, you must have more than 8GB RAM, and 4GB graphics memory with the latest i7 intel processor or AMD Ryzen 5 or 7 processor.
The graphics in the game are highly sophisticated and realistic with more than 173 hours of gameplay including all the DLCs. It will at least take 50 hours to complete just the main storyline. So such a long game with several storylines and missions will demand high-performing hardware to run seamlessly.
As for the storage, you will need a minimum of 35GB and it is better to have 50GB to accommodate the DLCs with it.
Can you run Witcher 3 with PC specifications lower than the minimum requirements?
If you have the space to store the game and have a lower-spec CPU and GPU or APU, you might be able to run the game but not play it effectively.
You might have to drop down the graphics to a bare minimum, turn off all the lighting and shadow effects, and keep the resolution to a lower setting. Sometimes even after performing all the downgrades, your PC might not run the game.
The minimum system requirements are devised in a way that will help you to run the game with playable graphic settings. But if you have a PC lower than those specifications, the game may or may not run. Even if it runs, it will not be playable.
Therefore, you can stick with the minimum requirements for playing the game and if you find your PC to be low spec, then try to upgrade it for better gameplay and graphics.
Benefits of Running Witcher 3 on Computer
There are many advantages to running Witcher 3 with a PC. Here are some of the benefits that compel you to run the game on a computer.
- You can upgrade your PC as per the system requirements of the game. The PC can perform better than a laptop or a tablet.
- A PC will have a sophisticated cooling system so that you can push the hardware to perform a little more.
- Since Witcher is a long game, you will need a continuous power supply to have immersive gameplay. With a laptop, you might have to keep the device under charge continuously or charge it frequently after use. This can be degrading the battery life.
- If your PC has a high-end GPU, you can have the ultimate graphics settings and performance without any lag.
- You can upgrade the RAM if you need more memory very easily when compared to a laptop.
- A computer lets you connect to the internet via the ethernet port while your laptop may not have it. With faster internet connectivity, you can easily download the DLCs.
- One of the major things for immersive gameplay is the audio. The sound quality in other devices can be less but the audio card in a PC can produce some of the best sound output. You can play the game with the best audio quality on a computer.
- Playing Witcher 3 using a mouse and keyboard gives the best control when compared to other controllers.
Therefore, a PC is more capable, comfortable, and immersive for playing Witcher 3 game. With such benefits, a PC is the best choice for playing this game, or any game for that matter.
Gadgets Required to play Witcher 3 on PC
You don’t need any special gadgets to play the game on a PC. Just with the help of a PC, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you can play the game. Additionally, if you have a speaker or headphones for sound, it will be more beneficial. Apart from the basic needs, you don’t need to have any special accessories.
The choice of mouse, keyboard, and headphones is according to the user’s preference. You can choose any type of peripheral as per your comfort level. But it is better to choose a mouse with at least a 500Hz polling rate and a responsive mechanical keyboard for good gameplay.
As for the monitor, having a Full HD monitor with faster refresh rates can help you to play the game without any lag. Therefore, with these basic peripherals, you can effectively play the game.
- Best Multiplayer FPS Games for Low end PC
- Best Zombie Shooting Games For Low End PC
- Best Battle Royale games for 4GB RAM PC
You can run Witcher 3 game on your PC if it meets at least the minimum requirements provided by the manufacturer. But it is better to have a sophisticated PC setup to enjoy the game more intensively.