Most editors prefer to have both headphones and speakers in their setup when it comes to video editing. Audio speakers, along with a camera and a pair of headphones, are an essential part of the video editing process. The best computer speakers for video editing are significant for video editors.
If you use speakers of the highest quality. Your video editing work will sound better and be more appealing to your intended audience. There are a lot of different types, sizes, and features of audio speakers on the market right now. So, do your homework and find the best speakers for your needs.
We’ve made a guide that has everything you need to know. When it comes to computer speakers for video editing, this will help you in your buying decision. In other words, it’s exactly what you want. Let’s start!
Why computer speakers are essential for Video Editing?
Computer speakers are essential for video editing because they provide a better audio experience. They also offer more control over the sound of the video and add to the editor’s creativity. Computer speakers can be used for Audio editing, Sound Design, Sound mixing and Voice Over for Videos.
There are many reasons why computer speakers are essential for video editing. Some of the key reasons that these speakers are essential for video editing include:
- The sound quality is better than a laptop/PC speaker
- You can listen to music while you edit
- You can use these speakers to monitor your audio levels in real-time
- You don’t have to worry about the volume going too high or too low
Best Computer Speakers for Video Editing
- Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers
- PreSonus Eris E3.5-3.5″ Near Field Studio Monitor (Pair)
- Audioengine A2+ Plus Wireless Speaker Bluetooth
- JBL Professional Studio Monitor, Black, 5-inch (305PMKII)
- Alesis Elevate 5 MKII Powered Desktop Studio Speakers
Top 10 Best video editing speakers
This list of the best video editing speakers is compiled after thorough research. It includes the speakers with product reviews and key features, Pros and cons, and Verdict.
Bose Companion 2 Series III (best compact desktop speakers)
The Bose Companion 2 Series III are the best option for people who want to improve their computer speakers for video editing. It can handle frequencies from 50 Hz to 20 kHz and has effective stereo speakers with a built-in amplifier. It has two computer lines and auxiliary Input.
The Bose Companion III is a great way to upgrade your small stereo speaker. It frees up a lot of room for the other gear you’ll need on the editing desk. Because it has a perfect size. There are three operating systems that this speaker is compatible with: Mac OS, Windows, and Android. Overall, it has great sound quality, which makes it perfect for video editing work.
This speaker is a lot better than many of its rivals in the same budget range. These speakers have been configured and optimized to boost movie dialogue sound quality vocally. There are numerous reasons why these computer speakers for video editing are an excellent choice.
- High-Quality Sound: This Bose Companion 2 Series III review focuses primarily on sound quality. The sound quality of the Bose is about average, but it is a very loud speaker. It is loud enough to fill a vast area with sound.
- Good Connectivity: This computer speaker’s connection requires a significant amount of wiring compared to other highly rated products. It is necessary to connect your computer’s left and right speakers. Alternatively, you can opt for a clutter-free setup by turning your speaker into wireless.
- Operating system compatibility: Bose’s Companion 2 Series III can be used with any operating system on a computer. It’s compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
- Easy to put together: The setup of the Bose Companion 2 Series III is as simple as it can be. When using a Bluetooth speaker, the left speaker must be plugged into a power source. As a final step, you’ll attach the aux cord to your computer and with your speaker.
- There is a headphone jack port on the device.
- Can work with two devices at once
- The user-friendliness is admirable.
- Bluetooth connectivity is not available.
You can get great sound and features from the Bose Companion speaker without spending a lot of money. So, you can get loud and strong sound from the best computer speakers for video editing.
PreSonus Eris E3.5(best inexpensive pc speakers)
The PreSonus Eris E3.5 is a famous speaker used by YouTubers and video editors. They work hard to make professional audio equipment that costs as little as possible. The PreSonus Eris E3.5 has a flat frequency range. Which makes it one of the best computer speakers for video editing. It can handle frequencies from 80Hz to 20kHz.
It’s an ear-field studio monitor with two-way audio Input. This speaker has one 1/4′′ TRS input and one RCA input. Eris E3.5 is built with two 3.5-inch Kevlar woofers that make detailed low-frequency audio. Also, it has 1″ silk-dome tweeters to make sure that the frequency sound is adjusted.
This speaker has controls on the back of the speaker for adjusting the lower and higher acoustic tuning. The Eris E3.5 might not have the ideal modules, but it has enough to satisfy video editors. As a result, the Eris E3.5 is an excellent option for those looking for an affordable pair of computer speakers for video editing.
- The sound is good: The Eris E3.5 is an excellent choice for anyone who produces music, videos, or even games. If you’re looking for the best sound speakers on the market, look no further than these Kevlar-based 3.5-inch low-frequency woofers. The crossover frequency is 2.8 kHz.
- Define accuracy: The Eris E3.5 is accurate and easy to listen to. It has a sleek and reasonable frequency rate. This is why Eris 3.5 is the best computer speaker for video editing.
- Connect to almost any line-level source: You can connect your Eris monitors to a mixer, an interface, a media player, or just about any other line-level audio source. The Eris E3.5 comes with TRS, and RCA inputs on the back panel have stereo line inputs.
- Easy-to-use controls: The high- and low-frequency controls on the Eris E3.5 speakers are simple to operate. On the front panel is a volume knob for the control speaker.
- It includes a headphone jack.
- Aux inputs for connected phones
- Simplistic and small design
- This frequency response might need to be improved.
The PreSonus Eris is the best computer speaker for video editing or music and movies. PreSonus products are known for their high quality, and these are no exception.
Edifier R1700BT (best mid range pc speakers)
Edifier is a well-known name in the world of high-end audio equipment. They easily got into the market by making speakers that are affordable but still sound good and look great. The Edifier R1700BT Speakers have a vintage wood finish that makes them appealing and pure.
It can respond to frequencies from 60Hz to 20kHz. It’s a speaker monitor with active near-field. This speaker also has two RCA stereo inputs. The best thing about the R1700BT is, of course, the Bluetooth option. This enables wireless connectivity with smartphones, etc.
This speaker features a 4-inch bass driver and a 19-mm tweeter for low – and high-frequency audio. Also, you can change the treble and bass by up to +6db. You can make changes based on how your room is set up. It has DSP and Dynamic Range Control built-in (DRC). This reduces the amount of sound distortion.
- Remote control: The speaker comes with a small remote control. That allows you to put it into low-power idle mode by pressing the on/off button. You can also change the volume.
- Choices for Tuning: In many cases, low-cost monitors don’t have many options for fine-tuning their sound. Surprisingly, the R1700DB allows for some degree of output customization. This is done with the Bass and Treble buttons on the right speaker. These are neatly hidden inside the cabinet so that the outside looks neat.
- High-Quality Construction: The MDF used to make Edifier r1700bt speakers is very high quality, which gives them a robust and solid feel. In addition, the MDF wood construction is a beautiful addition to any house decor.
- Good acoustic performance: The Edifier R1700BT speakers sound more like 20 or 30 W with plenty of capacity. At about 85 decibels, it’s loud enough to compete with more expensive and high-end speakers.
- Provide flexible connectivity options
- Bluetooth and remote control.
- Elegant design
- The audio quality is excellent.
- Bluetooth connectivity is less than trustable.
When it comes to the best computer speakers for video editing. The Edifier R1700BT is an excellent option if you’re on a budget but still want great sound.
Audioengine has been making high-quality stereo speakers since 2005. In order to demonstrate their company’s sense of commitment. They launched the A2+ speaker, which offers excellent stereo sound and instant integration to all of your smart devices. So that you can listen to your songs anywhere at your home. It can handle frequencies from 65Hz to 22kHz.
It’s a high-quality Bluetooth speaker with a built-in DAC. This speaker has a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input, an RCA input, and a USB input. The A2most +’s popular feature is its ability to connect to a wide range of devices via Bluetooth. In addition, you will find a 3.5 mm audio jack as well as dual audio inputs.
It gives you more options for connecting your devices during the video editing process. Because it has a DAC built-in, you don’t need an extra connector between your Pc and speaker. This is an excellent option if you are tired of using the speaker on your computer to edit videos.
- Flexible playback: It takes only seconds for the A2+ speakers to link to your music library on any device. They can be connected via wired or wireless methods.
- High-quality wireless sound: The A2+ has Bluetooth aptX, which gives you premium, high-quality sound and a long range of wireless connections. You can stream your favorite music, podcasts, and more.
- Small but powerful: The A2+ is the perfect upgrade because it makes the speakers sound much bigger than they are. But this speaker has optimal performance with a minimal surface. A2+ delivers the feeling and depth of a larger system with the ease of a smaller size.
- Setup and Compatibility: It won’t take long to get up and running, and it won’t require any unique expertise. The only thing you need to do is connect the speaker wire from the left speaker to the right speaker. Also, you can use these speakers with any computer or music player.
- Integrated digital to analog converter
- Top-quality, sleek and small design
- Reliable subwoofer output port connections
- Bluetooth compatibility
- It has Low bass.
Overall, the A2+ is a good computer speaker. If you’re on a budget but want to upgrade your audio speaker. These are the best computer speakers for video editing to consider.
JBL Professional 305P
If you’re looking for a great speaker to add to your video editing set. You should go with the JBL 305P. These speakers stand out from the crowd. They are made to work on projects that need clear sounds, like mixing sounds or editing videos. This fantastic design’s 5-inch woofer and 1-inch tweeter dome are backed by 41 watts.
In comparison to other JBL speakers, the 305P model is an excellent upgrade. Because it has fantastic features that make sure the sounds are good. The vision is to offer each user a superb audio quality. This speaker’s performance and features are highly rated by other speakers. For example, the volume controls are easy to use, and the communication is versatile.
It changes the range of frequencies to get the best performance. Everything you need to get started is included with this purchase. There is a guide included in the packaging that explains how to use this video editing speaker.
- Great Sound level: The sound quality is crucial in a studio monitor. In this area, the JBL has some great features. JBL patents the JBL Image Control Waveguide. In comparison to other studio speakers, this gives the speaker a larger sound stage.
- Choices for tuning: This speaker comes with a tuning option. The best performance comes from tuning the speakers, which is dependent on the device you can use. The speaker’s performance may be affected by the placement of devices as well.
- Stylish Design: Design is a highly subjective field. There is a glossy black plastic finish on the box’s exterior. It looks cool, but not in an over-the-top way like some studio monitors do. They totally stand out from the matte-finish studio speakers that are so common.
- It includes well-balanced Input.
- You can easily change the volume of the controls.
- Low cost
- Superior audio quality
- Hissing noises
The JBL 305P MKII speakers are well-built and deliver a clear, immersive sound. If you want cheap and the best computer speakers for video editing that works well, these speakers are the best option.
Yamaha is a famous brand of audio speakers among YouTubers and video editors. Because it’s one of the best computer speakers for video editing at a low price. The HS series of monitor speakers illustrates Yamaha’s commitment to continuous development and perfection of its design.
This well-known line of products has been used by top music studios all over the world. Because of how good it sounds and how well it works. Yamaha’s HS7i Studio Monitor is one of the best computer speakers for video editing. Because it has built-in bi-amplifiers that have been modified and an innovative magnetic circuit that supports them. It can handle frequencies from 43Hz to 30kHz. Also, it has one XLR input and one 1/4′′ (TS) input.
It has two high-performance drivers: a 6.5-inch cone woofer and a 1-inch dome tweeter. It also has four surface mounting points that make it quick and easy to set up. It also has the latest technology for reducing noise—also, a built-in bi-amplifier for excellent sound quality.
- High-Performance Amplifier: Audiophile-grade transducers and amplifiers are used in the HS Series speakers. This amplifier unit makes sure that each HS Series speaker produces high-resolution sound.
- Low-Resonance Enclosure Design: Their purpose is to reduce unwanted resonant frequencies and improve sound reproduction accuracy. The enclosures are made of dense MDF with a cooled acoustic response.
- Technology to reduce noise: The design of a speaker port can significantly impact the overall sound quality. The reduction in audible noise can be up to 6dB by using an innovative noise reduction tech.
- Good Connectivity: If you’re looking for something that can adapt to any room’s acoustics, look no further than HS Series full-range models. There are a wide variety of balanced or unbalanced sources that can be plugged into HS full-range speakers.
- Outstanding frequency response
- High-quality sound and easy to setup
- Elegant and light in weight
- You’ll need an amplifier to crank up the volume.
The Yamaha HS7i has received numerous superb device reviews worldwide. Because of its exceptional stereo positioning, flat sound quality, and performance clarity.
Alesis Elevate 5 MKII
The Elevate 5 MKII is great for editing videos, playing games, and doing other media-related tasks. Their woofers are 3 inches, and their soft dome tweeters are 1 inch. The combination of these two features generates a broader bandwidth (56 Hz to 20 kHz).
The electronics are built into the right speaker. There are two 40W amplifiers, two inputs, and an interconnect jack in this box. The interconnect jack connects the left speaker. The right speaker’s front panel has the power and volume knobs.
The sound quality is excellent, and the price is very reasonable. The volume should be reduced prior to disconnecting or unplugging the stereo jack. When you set up your speakers according to the owner’s manual. You will have a great time listening, and all noises will be completely gone.
- High-Quality Sound: The Elevate 5 MkII has excellent sound quality. Once you consider how cheap it is, it’s among the best computer speakers for video editing. The frequencies are well balanced, and the sound is clear and balanced. The frequencies are well balanced, and the sound is clear and balanced.
- Attractive Design: The Elevate 5 MkII is a stylish set of speakers with a modern design. These cheap speakers look more professional because they have clean lines and a textured finish with a clear pattern.
- Great Connectivity: There are only a few connections available on the Elevate MkII, but they all work well. There are RCA and TRS connections available. This improves the audio quality.
- Power output: There is a maximum power output of 80 watts for the Elevate 5 MkII. That is above levels comparable to other speakers.
- A fantastic design for someone on a tight budget.
- Excellent build quality and audio quality
- It’s a fantastic deal.
- The bass is fantastic.
- The stereo jack is too short
The Elevate 5 MkII speakers are a good value for the money. Also, the balance and build quality are excellent. You can get the Elevate 5 MkII best computer speakers for video editing, for under $100.
Mackie’s CR3 video editing speaker is a marvel of audio engineering. If you’re on a tight budget but still want a high-quality speaker, this is a great offer for you. It’s possible to purchase this stunning design for a reasonable price.
The frequency range of the Mackie CR3 studio monitor is one of its most popular features (80 Hz to 20 kHz). This is fantastic for a wide variety of multimedia applications. This design’s wide frequency range ensures excellent sound quality without disruption.
The ease of use is another incredible thing about CR3. The addition of an AUX input and a volume knob further improves usability. The speaker’s buttons and controls are on the front of the device. On top of that, it can connect to Bluetooth. This makes it easy for you to link to many other audio outlets. Overall, these speakers are great for any situation that requires a loud, balanced sound.
- The sound quality is good: These are decent for a 3-inch speaker. The bass is sadly missing. It makes sense, considering how small the device is. It is very important for good studio monitors to have excellent flat sound.
- Good Build Quality: The Mackie CR3-X is well-built. They are tough and have a reasonable amount of weight, and they are not too heavy. The quality of the materials used is satisfactory but not exceptional.
- Response frequency: The speaker is ideal for small studios or close listening. These have a frequency response of 80Hz to 20 kHz (-3 dB) that allows them to represent a wide range of frequencies accurately.
- Outstanding audio quality
- Affordably priced design
- Control and operation are simple.
- Design is appealing.
- Disruption of nearby devices
Mackie has done an excellent job, especially given the price point. The Mackie CR3-X studio monitors are perfect for low-cost studio speakers for people just starting out. Overall, this is one of the best compact computer speakers for video editing.
IK Multimedia iLoud
The size of these IK Multimedia speakers makes them popular. The sound and clarity of these speakers, despite their tiny size, are the best in the sector. If you don’t have a lot of space to work in, this product is a great option. Finally, you’ll have more room in your studio or Pc desk to store additional items.
The product’s design and appearance resemble a standard video editing speaker. Because of its compact size and low cost, the iLoud 3′′ delivers a powerful audio experience that is sure to impress. Other great things about the iLoud 3′′ are its 3-inch magnet woofer and 0.75-inch silk dome tweeter.
The included 25W amplifier powers the woofer and tweeter. These speakers are equipped with adjustable angles to make positioning them as simple as possible. In addition, iLoud features Bluetooth for modern connectivity.
- Beautiful design: ILoud Micro Monitors have a minimalistic design that is easy to use. Most studio monitors look like rough rectangles, but these have rounded corners and are sculpted. They are made of matte-black plastic material.
- Good sound performance: The iLoud Micro speakers deliver vibrant sound with surprising clarity and depth for their size. When songs have a lot of basses, the speakers can also make the midrange and high range sound very clear.
- Volume dial and Input: In addition, the speakers have volume control and three EQ controls for customizing the frequency response. However, the controls are easily reached and adjusted from the front of the speaker.
- Clear sound and good quality
- Speakers for portable use
- Well-made and small
- Budget-friendly pricing
- When you first turned them on, they made a high noise
It’s hard to argue with the quality of the iLoud Micro speakers from IK Multimedia. They’re on par with more well-known brands when it comes to clear, accurate referencing. So we recommend it.
Pioneer DJ DM-40
This is yet another impressive design that has caught our eye. According to our research, the DM40 does not receive the recognition it deserves. Many users have praised this speaker for its deep bass and precise frequency response.
This speaker makes a loud, punchy sound that is perfect for mixing and video editing. If you’re searching for a high-definition computer speaker that can improve your video editing workflow. Then DM40 is just what you need. Because of the bass-reflex design, you’ll always get rich, full bass.
There are also dome tweeters and a fiberglass woofer that is 4 inches in size. Also, it has amplifiers and a convex diffuser for efficient high-frequency sound distribution.
- Sound quality is great: The DM-40 speakers sound great for how small they are. They use DECO technology from TAD audio. The diffuser previously mentioned aids in the dispersion of high frequencies.
- Easy connectivity: The DM-40 has unbalanced RCA and TRRS (Aux) inputs. If you’re looking for something that can be used with many devices, from computers to smartphones and tablets. Then the DM-40 is an excellent choice.
- Bluetooth: The DM-40 includes a Bluetooth module. The fact that the DM-40 has Bluetooth makes it easier to use every day. Bluetooth also makes the speaker more appealing to a broader audience.
- Smart design: They have curved front edges for the highest sturdiness and very little acoustics at all portions. They’ll also look great on your video editing work desk.
- Excellent tweeter-woofer alignment.
- Crossover is entirely avoided.
- Excellent design
- Good sound and ease of use
- Unsuitable for large spaces
The DM-40 is ideal for use at a computer desk in terms of portability. This is the best set of computer speakers for editing videos because it is small, has ports on the front, and sounds excellent.
Buying guide for video editing computer speakers
The video editing process is not only tricky, but it’s also time-consuming. If you want to make perfect videos as a video editor, you must always do your best. You can achieve a precise sound mix with the best video editing speakers. So, how do you pick the best computer speaker for your video editing work? Before making a purchase, you should consider the following factors.
Size of the Speaker
The first thing you should look for in a studio speaker is its size. You can choose from a variety of speaker sizes. They all have their own distinct features and quirks. Make sure you think about how your workspace is set up and what your budget is. The speaker should be between 3 and 8 inches in diameter if your studio or room is limited in the area. You won’t need to spend money on a subwoofer if you use a 7-inch speaker.
It is possible to set up in three different ways: close, mid, or far away. Using a near-field speaker is an excellent idea if you’ll be listening from a short distance. When it comes to studio applications, near-field speakers are ideal. Due to the fact that you will be able to hear the sound coming straight from the speaker. When it comes to long-distance sound dispersion, far listening configuration speakers are the way to go.
Consider the Frequency Range
This is an important element that you should look at carefully. It’s critical to know precisely what frequencies your speaker can replicate. When working with audio in video editing, keeping the sound within the speaker’s range of frequencies is essential to avoid distortion. Choose a speaker with a frequency range of 20Hz-20 KHz for optimal performance and video editing.
Consider the Sensitivity
You can find out how loud your speaker can get by turning up the volume all the way. It’s critical to know how loud the speakers you’re considering can go. A speaker with a limited capability may have a difficult time delivering successfully in a large workspace. As a result, a high-sensing speaker is the best option.
- Why are my Computer Speakers Humming?
- How do Wireless Speakers work with Computers?
- How to fix No Sound on Computer Speakers?
- How to Make your Computer Speakers have more Bass?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the popular types of Computer speakers?
A portable speaker is a type of speaker that is designed for portability and ease-of-use. It has been developed for use with portable devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc but it can also be used with other devices like gaming consoles and music players too.
Surround sound speakers
Surround sound speakers are designed to provide a rich, expansive sound field. There are three types of surround sound speakers:
- 2.0 system: These speakers have two channels and are designed for home theater setups.
- 3.0 system: These speakers have three channels and are designed for large rooms or home theater setups with multiple listeners.
- 5.1 system: This is the best option because it has five channels and is designed for large rooms or home theater setups with multiple listeners that require an immersive experience.
Soundbar speakers are a new way to listen to music. They are compact and easy to set up. They are also known for their loud and clear sound quality.
Soundbar speakers come in different types such as wireless, Bluetooth, or wired. There are also soundbars with subwoofers that give you a rich bass experience. Some of the most popular brands in the market include Samsung, Sony, LG, and Bose.
Which speakers are the best for editing videos?
In this post, we’ll show you how to use a total of ten speakers to enhance your video editing experience. These designs were chosen for their performance, cost, ease of use, and audio clarity. Even though each one is distinctive, they are all excellent designs that will deliver outstanding results. Also, a good speaker should be able to play back frequencies without changing or distorting them in any way.
What separates home stereo speakers from video editing speakers?
Video editing speakers are made to keep a flat frequency rate. Which gives a smooth and balanced sound for more accurate mixing and video editing. However, home stereo speakers are designed to enhance audio rates by bringing out increased sounds.
Do You Require Wireless Connectivity?
One thing to keep in mind is whether or not you require Bluetooth 5.0 speakers for your video editing computer. In addition to being easier to set up, speakers with built-in wireless capabilities allow users to stream music from their mobile and pc.
The best computer speakers for video editing can be found by checking out our list. When you’re done reading this, you’ll have a better understanding of them. The best studio monitors are easier to select if you know what they’ve done.
You’ll be well-prepared if you take the time to thoroughly go over the information in this article when you buy a speaker for video editing. In this review, you’ll find a selection of the most popular models currently on the market. These designs eliminate all difficulties related to video editing and make the task effortless.
Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer: We hope you love the product we recommend! Just so you know, We may Collect a share or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our link, we really appreciate it!